Use Pinterest to grow website traffic
1. Set up your account biography to be the same across all digital channels.
Enter a display name for your brand. Use your brand name or words your audience can easily associate with. Add your profile image regardless of whether you are creating a personal or business account. Write a profile description that clearly describes your business.
2. Draw up a list of overarching topic ideas which directly correlate to what your website focuses on.
Expand these into second-degree topics which are not directly linked to your website but are interesting to your audience. For example, if your website sells a fitness app, topics around healthy eating would also be relevant.
3. Create Pinterest boards on the topics you brainstormed. Make them distinct and consisting of multiple direct and indirect topics.
Create as many boards as needed to cover all your topics, but do not expand too much. Set a simple name for each board so that followers know what they will see when they access it.
4. Start repinning and curating posts on your boards to increase platform exposure and create awareness of your boards.
Repin five to ten images per board and keep the quality of the images to the highest standard. Go to More Ideas on the main board page and browse through the suggestions to find relatable images.
5. Create images that are both visually appealing and have a hook to get Pinners to interact with them.
Create simple images and use call to action text or lists to get people’s attention and increase your click-through rate. Ideally, get a designer to work on these pins. Failing that, use a tool like Canva.
6. Post pins during peak hours when most of the users are online.
Maintain a strict posting schedule of six posts per day and a pin posted every two hours.
7. Add relevant links to your pin that are in direct correlation with the graphic and the purpose of the link.
Lead people to specific and targeted web pages instead of your general website. This will decrease your website’s bounce rate.
8. If you use WordPress, add a Pinterest plugin to your website.
Search for the Pinterest plugin in Plugins > Add New. Install the plugin. Connect your Pinterest account with your WordPress account to get your images pinned straight from the source.