Use free offers to increase conversions
1. Distribute free samples of your products to build good will and improve the chances of customers later purchasing items they might not have tried.
For example, retailers like Costco have boosted sales by as much as 2,000% through free sampling.
2. Push free offers to encourage customers to choose your product over another.
For example, when people were asked to choose between a free Hershey’s Kiss and a dramatically discounted Lindt truffle (14 cents), most picked the free item.
3. Offer free samples across different product categories to boost sales.
For example, this visual from an article by Atlantic shows a greater percentage of samplers subsequently buying items available for sampling compared to non-samplers.
4. Offer free samples with certain purchases so that customers choose your products over competitors'.
For example, on National Donut Day, Dunkin’ Donuts offers a free donut if you purchase a beverage.
5. Include the word ‘free’ in ad campaigns and CTA copy to boost the click-through rate.
For example, when Corcentric changed their CTA copy from Get a Demo to Free Demo, they witnessed a 99.42% increase in the click-through rate. Another example, GetResponse added a Free Trial button right next to the Buy Now button and witnessed a 158% increase in trial sign-ups.
6. Offer free shipping of products and mention it clearly on the website to get more sales.
For example, NuFace’s average order value increased by 7.32% when they offered free shipping.