Setup Lead Scoring Rules for Social Engagement
1. Create a list of the top 3-5 social media channels where the majority of your prospects engage with your business before making a purchase.
For example, if you serve B2B clients, channels could include LinkedIn or YouTube, and the engagement could be via your company profile page, posts or any online communities you may have created. If you’re a B2C company, your prospects might engage with you on channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
2. Create a table and list 4-5 ideal customer traits, along with information such as the Active Social Platforms they follow you on, Average Interactions they had with your business or content, and the number of times they Shared your content.
3. Assign a positive or negative score for each trait you added to your table based on their value when qualifying leads.
For example, you could assign a score of +20 if the lead follows you on both Facebook and Instagram, or a score of -10 if they are not in a location you currently serve.
4. Create the scoring rules in your CRM for each customer trait, or use a tool like Act-On to set up lead scoring.
Not all CRM tools will allow you to score leads based on social engagement with lead scoring, check your CRM product documentation to ensure you can assign scores to leads. You may need to use a tool like Act-On, which allows you to set up lead scoring in just a few clicks. If your CRM does not provide you with a specific social media setup, you will have to regularly and manually update the lead score whenever scoring new leads.
5. Use a sample profile to engage with your social channels and check their lead score to ensure your system is working and allocating scores correctly.
6. Evaluate your scoring model every month based on customer interactions and conversions, and adjust lead scores as needed.
If you recently acquired a new customer from a social channel that you were otherwise not scoring for, it may be helpful to add a lead scoring rule based on the channel and assign a higher lead value to engagement via this channel.