Setup Customer Survey for Demographic Information Self-segmentation
1. List demographic data points, such as Age, Income, Gender, or Level of Education, that you want to collect on your customers based on your ideal customer profile.
You can use your CRM to evaluate which customer data points are important to track to personalize your marketing messages.
2. Save each data point in your list as either a tag or custom field in your CRM.
Use tags if there is more than one possible answer to the question you will be asking. For example, “What are your favorite foods?” could be answered as “pizza” and “ice cream.” So, answers to questions like these will need to be saved as tags. Create a list of possible answers for all data points that you are storing as tags. This will help collect clean data for retargeting. Use custom fields if there can only be one answer to the question. For example, “What is your date of birth?” or “What is your most favorite food?”
3. Create a question to ask for each data point you are collecting, and include helpful hints to make it easier for users to submit the forms.
4. Make a list of possible touchpoints in your customer journey where you can ask them to complete a survey.
For example, your touchpoints could include: Website visits (or visits to a particular page). Email messages. Social media posts. YouTube videos.
5. Choose a way for your customers to enter their information, such as a website form, pop-up, or Google Form, and add it to the pages on your website prospects are visiting.
Include all the questions you want to ask, along with all possible answers for each question.
6. Connect the survey collection tool with your CRM to save survey data via a direct link or an external tool like Zapier, and fill out a few forms to make sure all data is being stored correctly.
Most pop-up and website CRM tools offer you the option to connect directly to your website to save information collected in the form via. See your CRM product documentation for more information on how to connect to your website. Alternatively, connect your survey collection tool to an external tool like Zapier to push survey information to your CRM.