Set up Google Analytics for a small business
1. Navigate to Google Analytics official website, create a new account, name it and click on “Next”.
As for the account name you can use the name of your organizations. It can be changed if needed.
2. Name the property, set the Reporting time zone and Currency up for reporting purposes, and click Create a Universal Analytics Property under Show advanced options
The name of the property is the name of your website, mobile application, or device. Enable “Create a Universal Analytics Property” and choose if you want both Universal Analytics and Google Analytics 4 properties or just the Universal Analytics property and click “Next”. Google Analytics 4 was released on the end of 2020 and is a new kind of property with different reports and new features.
3. Select your Industry Category, Business size, and Google Analytics expectations, click on “Create” and accept Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement.
4. Insert your Google Analytics tracking code into your website.
Once completed the previous step you’ll be redirected to the Tracking Code information within the property setup. The tracking code must be placed on all the pages of your website at the tag as high as possible. It can be installed directly into the website HTML code or by using a tag management tool like Google Tag Manager.
5. Open your website in a new tab, and navigate to Realtime reports > Overview in Google Analytics to ensure website traffic is being recorded.
Google Analytics will show at least one active user and you’ll be able to see the page on which you are standing now. If you don’t see any users: Disable ad blocker in your browser Go to your page and make sure the Google Analytics code is installed by clicking anywhere on your site with the right button > View page source. A new tab will open and search for the Analytics code.