Scale enterprise SEO
1. Create a board in Asana or similar project management software to add new blog topics and take note of poor performing pages.
Analyze poor performing pages by looking at their SEO score and create a new task for each page. Assign a size and impact to each of the ideas in the backlog.
2. Set a target within your team every week to improve the SEO score of 3 pages or websites.
Action out the backlog tasks every week to create a consistent pattern of new content or updates on your website.
3. Create a content gap analysis and add all the industry keywords in a spreadsheet.
Analyze keywords that competitors rank for using Moz. Gather data on the keywords from Moz, or any other keyword analysis tool, and write the volume of searches, the competition of the keyword. Identify, and create SEO blog content using competitor keywords.
4. Write 3-6 blog posts using your keywords and publish the content as soon as possible.
Spend time on delivering the content on the website rather than making the content perfect. Edits to the blog posts can be done in real-time, without hurting the SEO score.
5. Create educational articles to increase the SEO ranking of a unique keyword, and write articles that cover subtopics of the main keywords or topic to increase the SEO search volume.
Add the articles on your blog and create backlinks. For example, if you want to increase the search volume of a keyword such as “What is XM,” create an outline of sub-topics related to the main keyword. Be sure to internally link these subtopic articles to point to your main educational article and pass authority.
6. Create an account on Ziptopic and add the URL link of a page in the search bar.
Scan the page analytics on the platform and identify how the page is performing. Identify the sub-topic keywords from the Ziptopic analysis and use the keywords to create subsections on your page.
7. Talk to your development team to create CMS page templates for your product page, roles pages, features, and use cases.
Create page templates to decrease page creation time. The same page template can be used across multiple URLs and increase the SEO score of your business.
8. Create page templates in WordPress to automatize block placements using custom fields.
The page layout is already set up through code, and marketers only need to fill in the fields with the right information.
9. Create guides for the page templates on how to style the page and add as much information as possible.
Include information about button sizing, fonts, and heading positioning, to incentivize fast page deployment.