Reach your target audience with paid ads
1. Use market research, client interviews, customer service interviews, and ecommerce analytics to actively collect data on your target audience.
Include both granular characteristics — geographic location, demographics like age and gender, and general interests — and behavior-based characteristics, such as their favorite brands and their purchase history.
2. Analyze your direct competitors and review industry trends and market research to find target audiences who may be interested in your product, but are not currently reflected in your existing customer base.
3. Identify where on the internet your target audience spends the most time, using referral traffic analytics, social media analytics, customer interviews, and market research.
4. Export real customer data from your CRM and upload it as a custom audience to your paid ad platform.
Many ad platforms offer this functionality, including Facebook and Google.
5. Speak in your target audience’s own words, using their pain points, keywords, and selling points in your paid ads.
6. Activate in-market audiences if you use Google Ads.
This allows Google to find existing customers or similar audience segments based on the demographics and interests of your existing customers or your website’s existing audience.
7. Focus your social media paid ad strategy on the networks where your target audience is most active.
For example, LinkedIn Ads if your target audience is business leaders and CEOs, or a TikTok paid ad campaign if your target audience are teenagers and millennials.