Reach your target audience on Instagram
1. Learn about your audience. Use your existing customer base and people who follow you to note down key points about them.
Some things to consider are: Age: Understand the broad age range of your customers and at what point in life they’ll be looking for your product or service. Location: This will help you target the right geographic locations. Spending patterns: Get a better idea of how your customers spend their money, how they approach the idea of spending on your products/services and, if there are any financial constraints you can address. Interests and pain points: Figure out what your customers like to do, which businesses they follow and interact with and, what challenges they’re dealing with that your product/services can resolve.
2. Make a spreadsheet of your top competitors, what content they have been posting and what drives engagement.
List the types of content more likely to resonate with your audience by monitoring keywords, hashtags and posts that get most engagement.
3. Practice social listening by constantly engaging with your audience through polls, direct messages, replying to comments, and asking questions in posts.
4. Follow all active hashtags relevant to your brand, and use them to target niche groups.
Relevant event and hobby hashtags will help you find people who could be interested in your product or services.
5. Create and post content around topics of interest for your audience, based on the results in your competitor content analysis spreadsheet.
Focus on content that establishes you as: Human – You want your brand to come across as approachable and trustworthy. An authority – You want to be seen as the go-to source for advice and services in your field. Relevant – You want to be seen as relevant to your target audience, by posting content they can relate to. Use a mixture of different content types: Quotations. Videos. Promotions. Infographics. Photography.
6. Use location tagging to ensure your posts and stories appear in relevant searches.
Tagging photos taken in popular locations can increase your exposure among users that are looking for specific memories and events captured in those locations.
7. Leverage the Stories feature to easily participate in relevant and trending conversations.
Use options like Instagram Polls, Question Box and Quizzes to engage with your audience effortlessly in one place.