Promote video content
1. Optimize your video for SEO to increase its organic reach by using the primary keyword or keywords in the title and meta description of the video.
Conduct keyword research using a tool like Google Keyword Planner or MOZ Keyword Explorer to identify high search volume keywords that relate to the topic of the video you’re promoting. If your video isn’t already published on YouTube, consider adding it to the platform to increase your search visibility. As the largest video search engine, YouTube can be an extremely useful platform in your marketing strategy. Be sure to add primary keywords in the video description. In addition, provide links to your website and social media channels to give viewers a convenient path for learning more about your business.
2. Create an attention-grabbing and engaging video thumbnail to increase the number of clicks your video receives.
Design your thumbnail to focus on a main element, such as the speaker of the video or a specific product, and use bold contrasting colors to draw attention to it. Consider adding large, bold overlay text that illustrates a major topic or teases an intriguing concept the audience will learn about in the video.
3. Embed the video on your site’s homepage or another relevant web page.
Showcasing video content on your website can be an effective way to keep visitors engaged while providing them unique value. Depending on the content of the video, you may consider creating a dedicated spot for it on your homepage or adding it to a relevant landing page.
4. Link to your video in the CTA of relevant blog posts. Depending on the length and format of the video, you can also embed it directly in the post.
If the video you’re promoting is a relatively short data visualization or explainer video, embedding it directly in a relevant blog post will provide unique value to readers and help keep them engaged as they consume your content. If you’re promoting a longer video like a recorded webinar or a video podcast episode, it will be more effective to point to the video at the end of a blog post. This way, you’re still encouraging your readers to watch the video without drawing their attention away from your blog post.
5. Promote your video on your social media platforms and incentivize sharing the video to increase its reach.
Video content performs well on social media channels. Consider posting your video content in social media posts, stories, or ads. You can also create a fun contest or giveaway that incentivizes your audience to tag their friends in the comments or share your video to win a special prize. This can boost engagement for the post and generate brand awareness.
6. Include your video in relevant email marketing campaigns to add value for your subscribers.
Email marketing can be a highly effective way to promote video content because your email subscribers are prospects or customers who already enjoy your content and want to see more of it. To inspire curiosity and boost your email open rate, you can add the word VIDEO to the end of your subject line.
7. Review your analytics data to measure how video content impacts conversions on your website, social media channels, and email marketing campaigns.
Compare performance metrics on your email and social media platforms to determine how videos impact your marketing efforts. You can use this data to identify engagement and conversion trends. Based on your findings, you can continue to optimize your video marketing strategy for even better results over time.