Optimize conversions on Shopify
1. Look for unnecessary apps installed on your Shopify store and uninstall them to improve your website speed.
Uninstall an app if it provides features that you can get from your theme. For example, the POWR Social Media Icons app provides features you can get on most Shopify themes. Also, check the app area in your Shopify dashboard for apps you installed previously that you don’t use anymore. For example, apps you installed while designing the website and testing out different options.
2. Use high-quality lifestyle or product photos at the top of your page - the hero section - that show your product’s benefit.
You can hire a photographer to take professional images of your products. If you can’t afford that, take the pictures yourself or use free stock websites like Pixabay or Pexels.
3. Write your value proposition and place it on the image in your hero section.
Your unique value proposition should cover how your offering helps customers achieve a goal or overcome a pain point. Make sure the value proposition is easy to read when placed over an image.
4. Share your sales, promotions, and other boosters in a top bar on your website to improve your value proposition.
Promotions could be: Free shipping Next day shipping Store discounts Refund guarantees. The Debut theme and a few other feature an in-built announcement bar. If your theme doesn’t have that feature, you can use Shopify apps such as the Welcome Header Bar and Quick Announcement Bar apps.
5. Add testimonials, review snippets, and badges to your home page to build trust.
If possible use reviews from a third-party source like Trust Pilot or link back to the source if it is a review posted to Twitter or Facebook.
6. Set up automatic emails using an app like Stamped.io Reviews to collect reviews and show them on your product pages.
You can entice customers with a coupon to get reviews. That may also lead to another sale.
7. Write a product description that showcases your product's benefits to convince visitors to buy.
Start your product descriptions with the product benefits, then move on to features. Italicize or boldface the key points, such as the top benefit of your product. Use humor to tell stories or write the benefits of your products, when appropriate.
8. Include shipping, tax, any third-party cost, and return information to product pages.
If that information is a lot, links can work. For example: Tax included. Shipping (link to shipping page) calculated at checkout. That can be underneath the product price with a link to return information in the footer.
9. Set up welcome offers and exit-intent pop-ups to encourage visitors to buy by using tools like Tidio or an app like OptinMonster.
A welcome message offering a discount for new visitors often works well. With OptinMonster, you can set up exit-intent pop-ups to trigger when people are about to leave your site without buying anything. The pop-ups can display discount codes, limited offers, coupons, or similar benefits to encourage visitors to stay or perform the desired action.