Measure your Instagram marketing performance
1. Learn where you can find metrics related to your Instagram marketing.
Google Analytics allows you to track how the users behave on your website and contribute to your business goals once they reach your website via Instagram. Facebook Ads Manager allows you to check the metrics related to your paid Instagram campaigns. Use Instagram Insights to gain a better understanding of your audience and their online behavior.
2. Use Google Analytics to check how the Instagram users engage with your website and if they generate purchases, leads, sign-ups or other goals.
Find detailed instructions on how to track Instagram with Google Analytics here.
3. View your Instagram ads metrics on Facebook Ads Manager to better understand and improve the performance of your paid Instagram campaigns.
Log in to Facebook Ads Manager. If you run multiple Instagram campaigns, look at the Ad spend and Cost per result metrics. Identify the campaigns with high ad spend and the highest cost per result. Click on the campaign name and make the same analysis on the ad set level. Go to the ad level and check the metric CTR (All) to identify the creatives with the highest and lowest click-through-rates. Use these insights to know what type of content resonates with your audience. Start with the ads with the highest ad spend.
4. View your Instagram Insights to understand who your followers are and when they are active online.
On your Instagram account page, tap the bar graph icon in the top right-hand corner. Scroll down to the Followers section to see a breakdown of your followers by gender, age group, and location. Scroll down to the bottom to see two graphs showing on which day and which time of the day your followers are most active. Use this data to adjust your campaign audience targeting and post or campaign scheduling.
5. Combine data from all three sources to improve your overall Instagram marketing performance on a strategic and tactical level.
Analyze your paid and unpaid Instagram traffic in Google Analytics to understand how it contributes to conversions on your website, and how it performs in comparison to other traffic sources. Use these insights to make informed decisions about investing more in Instagram or reducing your spend. Use the metrics in Ads Manager to better understand which content resonates with our users and to tweak your paid Instagram campaigns. Use Instagram Audience insights to inform strategic decisions about demographic targeting as well as tactical decisions about ad scheduling.