Increase social media followers
1. Build customer personas that match your target audiences, so you know who you’re trying to attract.
Research your target audience and pick out key characteristics that set them apart from other people. Turn these characteristics into a sketch of a persona with a name and personality that you can use to build a better connection.
2. Pick social media channels to focus on, based on the platforms that your target audience frequent.
List the platforms you currently use, see how they match with the platforms that your target audience prefers, and analyze where you can achieve the best results.
3. Optimize your social media profiles and content. Gain verification for your brand page, fill out your profile, and audit your content.
Check that your profile and posts adhere to your branding guidelines, use hashtags, and optimize your profile text for search engines.
4. Brainstorm ideas for your social media content with your team and use research to find out what your target audience cares about.
Follow trending topics in the news and on social media, gather common questions and topics of conversation from internal teams, audit competitor and industry sites, and use search tools to find new ideas.
5. Put together a content calendar that references your broader digital marketing strategy, including podcasts, blogs, and email.
Choose a calendar platform, pick a posting frequency, identify supporting tasks for each piece of content, assign responsibilities, and track the performance of each piece of content. Be aware that scheduling can greatly affect the performance of your content. Put some resources into tracking the consumption behavior of followers in your target audience, so that you can identify the best times to post.
6. Produce content that’s interesting, useful, or entertaining to your target audience.
Share proprietary research, write case studies, and encourage customers to create their own content.
7. Use advertising to promote social media posts that are most likely to appeal to your target audience.
Analyze the content that got the highest engagement, create an ad campaign, use your learnings to put together the creative, and include the benefits of following your brand. Run A/B tests for different ad types.