Increase ecommerce sales
1. Use RFM segmentation to identify groups of customers who provide you with high value or have potential for you to nurture them into becoming high-value.
Analyze and rank your customers for recency, frequency, and monetary value. Create segments for high-value customers, potential loyal shoppers, and new users.
2. Put together messaging for segments that you identified in your RFM segmentation, focusing primarily on frequent high spenders, but also considering how to move other groups into that segment.
Customize your website for specific segments. Show customers products that are more likely to be relevant to them, and ensure that all of your email marketing and notifications are personalized.
3. Use the messaging that you developed to write promotional emails tailored to each of the segments you created.
Analyze past promotional emails to identify popular themes and tactics, and talk to people in your audience to find out which offers most appeal to them. Include UTM links in your emails so that you can track the performance of each one.
4. Identify popular products that don’t sell as much as they should, and work to optimize the messaging around them.
Open your website analytics and look for products that are often searched for or viewed, but in comparison infrequently added to shopping carts. Figure out the issues that are causing the disconnection and fix them to improve sales of those products.
5. Show customers other products that they might be interested in while they shop.
Include bestsellers and products that other customers bought with products in the cart. Offer free shipping with a minimum order that encourages customers to add more items to their cart.
6. Offer upgrades from products that customers are already interested in, to superior products that can provide substantial benefits.
Ensure that you explain the advantages of the upgrade: for example, a faster CPU or larger screen size.
7. Build relationships with influencers to market your products or increase your reach.
Develop goals for your influencer marketing, pick influencer traits that will help you to reach your goals, and pick people who best match your list of traits. Develop a plan of action for your campaign and outline how the influencer will be involved.
8. Use paid advertising on Instagram to boost your profile and increase your followers.
Use Shopping ads to link your target audience directly to specific products in your store. Use your segmentation data to reach people similar to your high-value customers.
9. Use customer research to collect information on your target market and better reach out to them.
Use interviews and analytics to gather data about your customers and use market research to build on this to create new target audiences. Using the social media platforms your target audiences use, upload CRM data to create lookalike audiences and increase your reach.
10. Enable retargeting on your website to remind previous visitors about products they looked at or bought previously.
Provide personalized reminders about products that people have already shown an interest in. Use dynamic advertising to display tempting photos of specific items.