Improve your website’s gifting section
1. Add a Buy as a gift checkbox to checkout pages for products that are likely to be purchased as a gift.
Ask users if they want to fill in a different shipping address for products bought as gifts. Offer different packaging options for products bought as a gift.
2. Offer eGift cards that allow recipients to choose their gift.
Offer different value options for the eGift cards, to accommodate customers with different budgets.
3. Offer gift receipts without the price and customization options, like themed wrapping and gift messages.
4. Offer gift kits that include gift boxes and wrapping supplies to make it easier for shoppers to give gifts in person.
5. Show customers photos that highlight what gifts will look like for the recipient.
This is especially important if you offer multiple different wrapping options.