Encourage reviews with transactional emails
1. Navigate to your transactional emails in your email platform and open your template.
If you have multiple emails in your transactional sequence, open the first email.
2. Insert a new content block underneath the transactional information in the email and give it a compelling title.
For example, We’d love your help or Let others know how much you love our products. You should set the font size to the same size as your titles, and consider making the text a different color to make it stand out.
3. Insert your review request copy under the title, and keep it short and to the point.
Examples of good review request copy: Hey We’d really appreciate it if you’d take a minute and leave us a review. We are always trying to be better and do better, help us by letting us know what you think. We hope you love your [Product], why not let others know how great it is.
4. Add in a call to action button that links to where you'd like the review to be left.
Examples of good calls to action for reviews: Click here to leave a review it only takes a minute. Click Here To Let the World Know What You Think. Leave a review for [Productname]
5. Save your updated template and send a test to yourself.
Open the test email and check the content is rendering correctly, and the link is directing users to the right place. The link in the email should take a user directly to the review location, if possible. The few steps involved the better.