Configure Multipage personalization in AB Tasty
1. Select Personalization from the top navigation bar, click Create in the top-right corner and then select the Multi-page Personalization.
2. Provide your experiment’s name, description, and urls of the pages you want to personalize.
Set a description/hypothesis of your personalization campaign based on the following model: If I personalize [this element on my webpage] for [this audience], then it will impact [this behavior] and influence [this goal]. A personalization campaign should always be based on an association between a specific message and a target. Once you’ve set your goals and have all related information, add it in the description field for each campaign. Below, see some multipage personalization examples: 2. Copy the URLs of pages you wish to personalize and paste them into the “Sample URL to load in the editor” fields. Note: You must include at least two pages for a multipage personalization.
3. Click “Save & go to next step” in the bottom right corner.
4. Add JS and/or CSS code, use the visual editor, or add a widget to create a personalized message for each page by switching your page in the header of the editor.
Create a different message in the editor for each page that has a different layout.
5. Turn on action tracking for clickable elements you add or modify as part of your campaign. For example, elements like the cross to close the pop-in or CTA in the pop-in are good to have action tracking on.
Turn on the action trackings on each separate page.
6. Choose the action tracking(s) you have configured in the editor as primary and secondary goals. Also add specific goals.
For example, transactions for e-merchant and conversion-based websites, or the number of viewed pages for media and engagement-based websites would be specific goals.
7. Set the targeting for the “Who”, “Where” and “Trigger” sections.
WHO section: this is one of the most important sections to set up where you have to choose the right segment as a function of the message you have created in the editor. As you personalize the experience of one segment on several pages, your segment should be the same for all the Pages you have configured. Use the Replicate targeting option to easily reuse the same segment on all pages. WHERE section: declare the right URLs for each Page of your campaign on which your messages will be visible. The URLs used for the editor step remain samples of the page types you configure in this step. You can switch between Pages by using the dropdown menu. A visitor doesn’t need to see pages in a specific order. For example, they can enter the website from a product page and see Page 2 of the personalization campaign (e.g., coupon code displayed in a banner). Then, they can go to the homepage and see Page 1 (e.g., coupon code displayed in a pop-in). TRIGGER section (optional): Add specific session-based triggers, such as a required number of viewed pages before displaying a message, the landing page of the session, and so on.