Track rankings in Ahrefs
1. Access your Ahrefs dashboard and click Add New Project to begin tracking your rankings.
Select http + https as your protocol.
2. Enter your preferred keywords or select from the list of keywords you rank for detected by Ahrefs.
Type and select the locations that you want to track below your chosen keywords.
3. Choose your competitors from the list provided or type in their domain name and click Next to see ranking data.
4. Set the date range in the Overview section and select Search Visibility > Average Position > Traffic > SERP to view date-specific data on your rankings.
5. Select any of the boxes below Overview at the top of the page to filter data to find out whether your rankings improved or declined.
6. Scroll to see what keywords your website currently ranks for, their positions, top pages on your website and the keywords that they rank for.
7. Switch to the Competitors tab to view the keywords your competitors are ranking for compared to your website.
Take note of your competitors’ different metrics for top-performing pages and the keywords they rank for and make a list of relevant, high-volume keywords to target in future content and optimizations.
8. Check the Grossing tab at the top of the page and take note of the decrease and increase in each keyword position in search engine result pages over various periods.
Note drops of over two positions and keywords for which your site rankings aren’t improving for further optimization. Click the Export button allows you to export your data to a .csv file. You can export the data by clicking on the export button.