Optimize videos for traffic and branding
1. Create a social media plan for platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Research the video requirements for each platform and write them in a document. Add all the metadata information in the document to have them at hand when filling in the data.
2. Add full length videos directly to your website to increase SEO ranking and get more exposure for your brand.
Write the metadata and video description in each folder before uploading to your website. Add the same metadata information in your video description on your website.
3. Create shorter videos in the form of a teaser to add to your social media accounts by using the most important parts of your main videos to match each channel and direct traffic to your website.
Create teasers of up to 2 minutes for YouTube, Facebook, or Twitter. For Instagram, create teasers that are up to 1 minute long.
4. Add video subtitles for platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to enable users to follow the train of thought even without sound.
Use software that can automatically generate subtitles from the audio such as Wondershare. You can also write the subtitles for your videos in a document yourself and import the subtitles in a video editing platform such as iMovie or Final Cut Pro.
5. Add a call to action (CTA) at the end of the video to direct users to your website.
For YouTube videos, add a CTA box and a card to direct viewers to your website. For platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, add the CTA and include the CTA message in the subtitles.
6. Create a video description for your Instagram videos to allow viewers to interact with the post and create brand loyalty.
For example, ask your followers to answer a question to increase the reach of your post. Add the link to your website in the Instagram description and add a CTA in the video description for people to take action.
7. Add your teaser videos on every social media platform and analyze your website analytics to identify new traffic.
Identify whether there is an increase in external traffic in Google Analytics. Open the social media insights and search the number of actions taken from the video itself. On Instagram, you can search the insights of the video and see if there has been a click on the website after watching the video.
8. Keep tabs on how your videos are performing to know if videos need to be further optimized.
Test other video formats and teasers on your social media accounts to identify the winning formats and video descriptions.