Livestream on Instagram
1. Write down talking points, announcements, questions or feedback before you go live, so that you can avoid awkward silences and content that doesn’t flow.
Livestreaming can be used for sharing exclusive news about your brand like announcing a spontaneous giveaway or contest, and doing a tutorial.
2. Click on the + icon in the top-right corner or swipe right in your feed to view sharing options like Post, Story, Reels, or Live.
3. Prepare for the video session by connecting and securing your camera to a tripod, gimbal, or other support device.
4. Run a test video to ensure the camera, sound, and light settings are optimized for a high quality stream before going live.
Make adjustments and run another test to ensure everything is configured correctly.
5. Focus the camera on your subject and click Live before hitting the record button.
For example, if you are talking about a product you want users to see, you’ll want the camera facing it. If you want to keep the interaction more personal, then have the camera on your face.
6. Engage with users by commenting, liking, and responding live to comments.
Each comment comes up in your video, so you can quickly and easily react or respond to viewers.
7. Invite a guest to your live video by clicking on their username and hitting Send Request or by scrolling down to invite a user who is already viewing your broadcast.
This can be a great way to create variety in the livestream and avoid monotony if you plan to go live regularly. Bringing new people into your conversations can present new ideas and insights to your broadcast, and introduce you to a new audience.
8. Click End at the top, then confirm to finish recording. You can download, share, or discard your video.
To download and save the video, tap the flag icon in the bottom-right corner of the video you want to save, give it a name to save under, then click on Save. This will save it in the default Collections folder. To share the video, tap the arrow icon and select who you want to share it with. To discard the video, tap above your post and then tap Delete and Delete again to confirm. Live videos don’t automatically save to your Instagram. Likes, comments, and views cannot be saved, only the video itself.