Find questions on Quora to promote content
1. Decide whether to use your company name, the name of an executive, or the name of another employee to answer questions on Quora.
Using your company name can help increase brand awareness. If your company is already well-known in your industry, it can add more credibility to your responses. Using the name of a company employee or an executive such as a CEO or vice president offers a personalized touch to responses. Users may resonate more with a well-respected CEO answering their questions. It also helps establish that individual as a thought leader in your field.
2. Create a business profile on Quora and complete your company's bio. Include the industries your company specializes in and provide links to your website and social media channels.
Give users who look at your profile a reason to visit your website by highlighting your areas of expertise.
3. Enable email notifications under your account settings.
Once you start following topics, this allows you to receive alerts whenever users ask new questions about those topics.
4. Use keywords related to your company or industry to find topics to follow. Search for your brand and product names to find any questions that users are asking about them.
Quora uses topics to categorize the content of users’ questions. Search for topics that your company specializes in, such as email marketing, social media, or website development. When you enter a search term, Quora will automatically recommend topics related to your query.
5. Browse the topics you follow to find questions to answer.
Before you answer a question, look at how many views and followers it has. If these numbers are high, it means that a lot of people are curious about the same thing, and your response is more likely to be seen by a larger number of people. Look for newer questions or questions that do not already have a lot of responses. Your response may not be seen if the question already has a lot of answers or is a few weeks old. If a question does have a lot of answers, but they are not strong, you can still respond by adding something new.
6. Answer questions with authority and provide links to your website in your responses.
When you respond to questions, include quotes from your articles or blog posts and link back to the full text. When appropriate, provide statistics, references, and sources in your answers to demonstrate your expertise in a particular area. Quora will flag responses if it appears that their only purpose is to drive traffic to your site. Be sure to only add links to your answers when they are relevant to the question. Explain your qualifications and provide a thoughtful response with your link to prevent it from looking too self-promotional.
7. Create Spaces to connect and share content with other users.
You can create Spaces on Quora to engage with other users. Spaces allow you to create communities and lead discussions with users who have similar interests. Spaces act similarly to blogs. You can use them to repurpose your existing content. If your content includes links to other blog posts or subpages on your site, this is a great way to boost your website traffic.
8. Review your Quora analytics to see how many views and up-votes your responses received. Check whether users are visiting your website via your responses or profile.
Quora’s built-in analytics tools allow you to track the activity on the questions you answer. If you have Google Analytics on your site, you can see how much traffic you get from Quora and which links are visited the most. This will help you determine which of your answers people resonate with, and you can continue responding to similar questions in the future.