Find High-Converting PPC Keywords
1. Create a spreadsheet with columns for Seasonal, Day of the Week, Location, and News-Generating.
2. Set up a brainstorming session with your team, write down holidays or months of the year, and have team members mention your products or services that are particularly relevant for that time of year.
3. Look for each of the brainstormed products or services in your current keyword targets and if you don't find them, enter them into the Seasonal column of your spreadsheet.
4. Use the Dimensions tab in your Google Ads account to pull Day of the week reports for your campaigns and ad groups.
5. Export the reports into Excel and pivot the data to discover which days are best for campaigns, ad groups, or both in conjunction.
For example, this mock-up data shows the best days of the week based on the volume of conversions such as Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. And which ads or campaigns perform best in those days:
6. In Google Ads, navigate to Keywords > Segment > Time > Day of the Week to see each keyword’s performance by day of the week, and enter high performing keywords into the Day of the Week column in your spreadsheet.
You can also download these reports with both date and day of week segments included, so you can use spreadsheets to get down to definitive answers more quickly.
7. Review your geographic reports, segment your reports by traffic source/medium, and review the conversion rates to find areas that you’re currently receiving quality traffic from, but not reaching with paid efforts.
Compare organic, referral, and direct performance against paid efforts, to identify important review points. Apply these segments to your Matched Search Query report under the Acquisition section of Google Analytics, to see how searches differ from area to area.