Personally, I didn’t make the best experiences with my posts on Reddit. But it can drive you a lot of traffic to your site. Datastories analyzed 4 million data points to see what makes it to the front page of Reddit.
Take a look at the tools/examples to read more about how to get on Reddit’s frontpage
1. Starting at 9am PST is the fastest time for getting upvotes
2. For text posts, Very Positive or Very Negative posts perform significantly better than Neutral ones.
3. Textual self-posts with postitive headlines stay on Reddit’s front page significantly longer
4. Images get much more upvotes than text posts.
5. There are 5 Sub-Reddits that completely dominate the front page of Reddit.r/funny, r/pics, r/gifs, r/TodayILearned, r/gaming
6. Putting a number in your headline increases chances of being among the top posts. http://toddwschneider.com/posts/the-reddit-front-page-is-not-a-meritocracy/