Table of Contents
Core 1: Product Management
- What is Product Management
- Is it really for you?
- Becoming a Product Guru
- Building Great Products
- Get out of the building
- All about those Requirements
- Roadmaps, Planning, and prioritization
- How to work with Engineers
- User Experience
- How to work with Designers
- Give and Receive Feedback
- Shipping and Measuring Products
- Organizing your Team
- Become the Best in the Field
- MVPM: Minimum Viable Product Manager
Core 2: Resources
- Mockups and Marketing
- Team Management
- Online Courses
- Online Blogs
Core 3: Real Life Product Management
- Product Case Studies
- Sample Product Documentation
- Communities to Join — Groups — Meetups — Conferences
Core 4: Get the Job
- Career Prep Resume
- Career Prep The Interview
- Career Prep Where to Apply
- Career Prep Company Types
- Best Product Managers on Twitter
- Special Thanks
- Contributing to the list
Core 1: Product Management
What is Product Management
- A Product Manager’s Job — Josh Elman
- Product Managers: Who are these ‘mini-CEOs’ and what do they do? — Ken Yeung
- What exactly is a Product Manager? — Martin Eriksonn
- What is Product Management? — Sachin Rekhi
- PM at Microsoft — Steven Sinofsky
- Product Manager You Are… — Mat Balez
- What Product Management is Not — Marty Cagan
- Does the world need Product Managers any more — Multiple authors
- Product Management vs. Product Marketing — Marty Cagan
- Evolution of the Product Manager — Ellen Chisa
- Use your Product Powers for Good — Bruce McCarthy
- Product Management: An introduction for undergraduates and graduates — Thor Mitchell
- What It Takes to Become a Great Product Manager — Julia Austin
- MVPM: Minimum Viable Product Manager — Brandon Chu
Is it really for you?
- How to hire a Product Manager? — Kenneth Norton
- The DNA of Product Management — Hunter Walk
- The Dark Side of PM — Ellen Chisa
- Do I need to be technical to be a PM — Ellen Chisa
- Ode to a Non Technical Product Manager — Hunter Walk
- 3 Skillsets for PM Success — Kenton Kivetsu
Becoming a Product Guru
- How do I become a Product Manager? — Multiple authors
- How I became a PM — Ellen Chisa
- Do Product Managers really need a background in CS — Jackie Bavaro
- Want to be a PM? Do a Project — Ellen Chisa
- So You Want to Manage a Product — Rohini Viba
- The 4 ways to break into Product Management — Jackie Bavaro
- 12 things Product Managers should do in their first 30 Days at a new company — Kenneth Norton
- Evolution of the Product Manager — Ellen Chisa
- 4 mistakes new Product Managers make — Matt Schnitt
- Product Manager Skills By Seniority Level — A Deep Breakdown — Brent Tworetzky
Building Great Products
- How to build great products — Slava Akhmechet
- Make things as simple as possible but not simpler — Adam Nash
- 10 essential steps to create products that customer love — Laurence McCahill
- The power of the perfect slice — Alastair Lee
- Ten principles on the journey to building great products — Avid Larizadeh
- Quality is not a tradeoff — Julie Zhuo
- How to build products users love — Kevin Hale
Get out of the building
- Listen to customers — Kenneth Norton
- How do Customer Development and Product Management fit together — Cindy Alvarez
- How to structure and get the most out of customer development interviews — Jason Evanish
- The customer is always right. Except when they aren’t — Wade Foster
- Your MVP is about discovery not product — Kevin Dewalt
All about those Requirements
- Painless functional specifications — Joel Spolsky
- Requirements are not — Marty Cagan
- Feed the beast — Marty Cagan
- The end of requirements — Marty Cagan
Roadmaps, Planning, and Prioritization
- The seven deadly sins of product planning — Marty Cagan
- Product strategy means saying no — Des Traynor
- Product priorities start with strategic goals — Bruce McCarthy
- The inconvenient truth about product — Marty
- The opportunity backlog — Marty Cagan
- The dirty dozen roadmap roadblocks — Bruce McCarthy
- The pyramid model & what it means for PM focus — Kenton Kivetsu
- How am I going to move my product forward today — Sachin Rekhi
- Don’t publish a product roadmap — Colin Rand
- Software Inventory — Joel Spolsky
- Babe Ruth and feature lists — Kenneth Norton
- What are the best ways to prioritize a list of product features — Ian McAllister
- Before you plan your product roadmap — Des Traynor
- Rodmaps focus on vision benefits, not features — Bruce McCarthy
- The one cost engineers and Product Managers don’t consider — Kris Gale
- Guide to Product Planning: Three Feature Buckets — Adam Nash
- Product hierarchy of needs — Tim Fletcher
- Magical thinking and the zero-sum roadmap — Rich Mironov
- You don’t need a product roadmap — David Heinemeier Hansson
- Drop feature-based product roadmaps — Teresa Torres
- How to build a roadmap everyone understands — Andrea Saez
- Making a Product Map — Mark Stephan
- The Product Manager’s Visual Guide to Feature Selection — Adam Juda
How to work with Engineers
- The care and feeding of software engineers — Nicholas C. Zakas
- The ten project management commandments — Slava Akhmechet
- How to work with PMs — Julie Zhuo
- How to work with engineers — Julie Zhuo
- How to work with software engineers — Kenneth Norton
- The Iceberg Secret, revealed — Joel Spolsky
- Leading cross-functional teams — Kenneth Norton
- Engineers: So your PM sucks? Here’s how to fix it. — Ellen Chisa
- Nerds, get the Product Management you deserve — Jeff Enderwick
- The product manager’s lament — Eric Ries
- Top 5 Ways Product Managers can help Developer’s Love them — Mark Stephan
How to work with Designers
- How to work with designers — Julie Zhuo
Give and Receive Feedback
- You won’t regret positive feedback — Zack Holman
- Thirty percent feedback — Jason Freedman
- How to run a design critique — Scott Berkun
Shipping and Measuring Products
- Shipping is a feature — Steven Sinofsky
- Great product leaders win games — Adam Nash
- How to deliver more software projects on time — Mark Suster
- Always be defining success — Jackie Bavaro
- The only metric that matters — Josh Elman
- The blind Product Manager — Paul Adams
- Shipping beats perfection explained — Ben Kamens
- Measure twice, cut once — Rick Klau
- The lost art of the soft launch — Wade Foster
- What are the most important metrics for developing and managing a mobile product? — Drew Dillon
- Measuring UX — Kenny Lee
Organizing your Team
- Enter the Matrix — Organizing Product Management — Mark Tattersall
- Product organizational structure — Marty Cagan
- Good product team, bad product team — Marty Cagan
- The best Product Management model — Marty Cagan
- Maker’s Schedule, Manager’s Schedule — Paul Graham
- Take back your day: Time Management for PMs — Jackie Bavaro
Become the Best in the Field
- Top hacks from a PM behind two of tech’s hottest products — Todd Jackson
- Stakeholder Management — Marty Cagan
- Court scribe or Hand of the King — Bruce McCarthy
- Influence without authority — Sachin Rekhi
- Management clichés that work — Steven Sinofsky
- How to be persuasive — Jackie Bavaro
- Bad Managers Talk, Good Managers Write — Walter Chen
- Good Product Manager, Bad Product Manager — Ben Horowitz
- Be a great product leader — Adam Nash
- Top 10 product leadership lessons — Adam Nash
- What distinguishes the top 1% of Product Managers from the top 10%? — Ian McAllister
- What makes someone a great Product Manager at Google? — Edward Ho
- What innate traits do great internet product leaders share? — Chris Wetherell
- Musings on Product Management — Mike Sukmanowsky
- Hiring a great product leader — Sutha Kamal
- What makes a great Product Manager? — Erik Torenberg
- How a football coach taught me to product manage like a boss — Mike Su
Core 2: Resources
- Software Product Management Stack — A curated list of Product Manager articles and resources
- End-End Product Management Lifecycle — A list of articles from what is it to becoming a great Product Manager
- The One-Stop Product Management Guide — A framework and list of articles to help product managers build, grow and manage digital products
- Harvard Business School PM 101 — Online resource reposotiory from Harvard Business School PM 101 course.
- Product Management Processes — A knowledge base of product management processes, tools and templates.
- Kindling — Idea management tool
- Designer News Market — The best design resources for your next project
- Designer Mill — Collection of free design resources
- Designer List — Global directory of product designers
- Design Research Technique — Huge repository of design techniques for every project stage
- Designing Products People Love — How great designers create successful products.
- Design for the Web — Guide to web design by Mark Boulton.
- Visage 3.0 — The design tool for content marketers.
- Figma — The collaborative interface design tool.
- Form — Interaction & prototyping design tool for iOS apps.
- Facebook Design Resources — A collection of free resources made by designers at Facebook
- Coverr — Beautiful, free videos for your homepage background.
- Better Error Pages — Build free 404, 503 and maintenance pages in 60 seconds
- Adobe XD — An end-to-end solution for designing & prototyping
- UI Movement — The best UI design inspiration, daily
- IconStore — Free icon packs by first-class designers
- Craft — Collaborative Place for Product Managers
- Design+code — Learn iOS design and Xcode
- Teaching App Development with Swift — A Github-hosted curriculum on Swift for teachers by Apple
- Android Studio 2.0 — The official IDE for Android application development
- Xcode 7.0 — iOS Development — Swift 2 and SDKs for iOS 9, watchOS 2, and OS X 10.11
- Web Starter Kit by Google — Boilerplate & Tooling for Multi-Device Development
- Beginning iOS Programming — A new book from AppCoda, learn to build an app from scratch.
- The Go Programming Language — The authoritative resource for leaning Go
- Haskell for Mac — Functional programming without the hassle.
- Code4Startup 2.0 — Learn to code by cloning real-life startups (PRO version)
- Code School — Learn to code on your iPhone
- One Month Rails — The easiest way ever developed to Learn to Code
- TeachYourselfToCode — Learn to code with tutorials recommended by programmers
- Codecademy App — Learn to code on your iPhone.
- Xcode for Designers — Learn how to create native iOS apps in 5 days
- Codecademy’s Learn the Command Line — Learn how to control your computer with the command line!
- Your First Web App — Pulling your hair out trying to learn how to code?
- The Step-By-Step PM Guide to Building Machine Learning Based Products — 6 step guide to get started in achieving business goals with machine learning.
Mockups and Marketing
- moqups — A streamlined web app that helps you create and collaborate on wireframes, mockups, diagrams and prototypes.
- Typeform — Generate surveys in seconds.
- Balsamiq — Rapid wireframing tool.
- Tweetdeck — Power-user interface for Twitter.
- Flinto for Mac — The prototyping tool designers have been waiting for.
- EdisonPlan — The ultimate tool to plan & launch your product.
- Precursor — A real-time collaborative prototyping tool
- App Screenshot Builder — Create gorgeous images for your App Store page in minutes.
- StartupResources.io — Tightly curated lists of the best startup tools
- Airtable — Spreadsheet, meet database.
- Trello — Trello makes it easy to organize anything with anyone
- Google Docs — Create and share your work online
- Slack — Team communication for the 21st century
- Product Center by Ramen — The best way for SaaS product teams to learn from customers
- Evernote — Note taking made easy
- Google Drive — Create and collaborate on literally any type of content
- Blossom — Agile Project Management
- Keynote — Make awesome presentations quickly
- Quip — The productivity suite for the mobile generation
- Do — Run Productive Meetings.
- Producteev — Task Management Software for Teams.
- Box Notes — Create documents, take notes and share ideas in real-time.
- RealtimeBoard 2.0 — Web-based whiteboarding & team collaboration tool
- Smartsheet — Microsoft Project alternative, best used for scheduling and resource management
- Zenkit — Better Trello, with Mindmaps
- Piwik — Piwik is the leading open-source analytics platform that gives you more than just powerful analytics.
- KISSmetrics — Not just for marketers; see the behavior of all your users.
- Analytics for Optimizely — Your Optimizely A/B tests on your iPhone.
- Google Analytics by SumoMe — The easiest way to see your Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics 360 Suite — Enterprise analytics for your marketing.
- People Analytics — One place to understand your users.
- Usage Analytics in appFigures — Track usage for your app along side downloads, ranks & more.
- Baremetrics for Slack — Subscription analytics, insights & notifications in Slack.
- Beam — Tell your stories with beautiful charts.
- Fabric mobile app by Twitter — Real-time analytics and stability alerts for your app.
- Stream — Analytics for feeds.
- Mobile Dashboards by Mixpanel — Monitor your key metrics, everywhere you go
- A/B Testing Effectively — Run successful, statistically accurate A/B tests.
- Heap Analytics — Heap lets you automatically capture every user interaction from web, mobile, and cloud services.
- Snowplow Analytics — Open source web, mobile and event analytics platform.
- Inspired — How to Create Products Customers Love — Marty Cagan
- The Design of Everyday Things — Donald Norman
- Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, 2nd Edition — Steve Krug
- About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design, 4th Edition — Alan Cooper, Robert Reimann, David Cronin, Christopher Noessel
- The Elements of User Experience: User-Centered Design for the Web and Beyond, 2nd Edition — Jesse James Garrett
- The 4 steps to the Epiphany — Steve Blank
- Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers — A handbook for designing tomorrow’s enterprises
- Beginning Customer Development — Kevin Dewalt
- The Innovator’s Dilemma — Clayton Christensen
- The Innovator’s Solution: Creating and Sustaining Successful Growth — Clayton Christensen
- The Innovator’s DNA: Mastering the Five Skills of Disruptive Innovators — Clayton Christensen
- It’s Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy — Michael Abrashoff
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things — Ben Horowitz
- Traction — Gabriel Weinberg
- The Lean Product Playbook — Dan Olsen
- Hooked: How to build habit forming products — Nir Eyal
- Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers — Geoffrey A. Moore
- Getting Real — The smarter, faster, easier way to build a successful web application
- Joel on Software — Joel Spolsky
- Team Geek — Brian Fitzpatrick
- The Mythical Man-Month — Frederick Brooks
- The Timeless Way of Building — Christopher Alexander
- Algorithms of the Intelligent Web — Haralambos Marmanis and Dmitry Babenko
- Cracking the PM Interview — Jackie Bavaro
- The Art of Product Management: Lessons from a Silicon Valley Innovator — Rich Mironov
- Making It Right: Product Management For A Startup World — Rian Van Der Merwe
- Product Leadership: How Top Product Managers Launch Awesome Products and Build Successful Teams — Richard Banfield, Martin Eriksson, and Nate Walkingshaw
- Lovability: How to Build a Business That People Love and Be Happy Doing It — Brian de Haaff
- How To Measure Anything — Douglas W. Hubbard
- Creativity, Inc. — Ed Catmull
- Where Wizards Stay Up Late — Katie Hafner
- The Martian — Andy Weir
- What Every BODY Is Saying — Joe Navarro
- The Death and Life of Great American Cities — Jane Jacobs
- Predictably Irrational — Dan Ariely
- Freakonomics — Steven Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
- Getting Past NO — William Ury
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People — Stephen R. Covey
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard — Chip and Dan Heath
- The Score Takes Care of Itself — Bill Walsh, Steve Jamison & Craig Walsh
- Thinking, Fast and Slow — Daniel Kahneman
- Managing Humans — Former Manager at Apple
- The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon — Brad Stone
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference — Malcolm Gladwell
- Pivot Product Hits — A weekly email newsletter of the best Product Management content
- Weekly Thoughts of Tim Herbig — A weekly digest of personal advice for product people and interesting articles around product, ux and entrepreneurship
- Design Details Podcast — A show about the people who design our favorite products.
- AngelList Radio — Kirill Makharinsky — What factors can predict a company’s future success
- Exponent — Get Off My Lawn! — How Snapchat has built it’s product effectively
- HOW TO MAKE SURE YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS — 6 practical ways we can make sure you achieve your goals
- What I Know Best — Catherine Pao — Growth Product Manager At Blue Apron — Product & growth lessons from DigitalOcean, Fab & BlueApron
- FemgineerTV: Episode 2 — How to Make Smart Tradeoffs When Developing Software Products — Interview with former Director of Engineering at Facebook
- The James Altucher Show #160: Ashlee Vance — Elon Musk and the quest to save mankind
- Product Hunt Maker Stories — Matt Mazzeo — Future of VC, breaking into tech/VC, & more
- Growth Everywhere — The Strategy That Skyrocketed Hotjar to $1 Million ARR in 6 Months — How David Darmanin Grew Hotjar To $1 Million ARR in 6 months
- Yours Productly — Shardul Mehta, VP Products at Diamond Mind — Shardul Mehta on Product Canvas, Why Products Fail, His Upcoming Book and a Lot More
- Products That Count — By Sophie-Charlotte Moatti — A podcast for product makers, data-minded thinkers and innovators.
- [This is Product Management — By AlphaUX] (https://www.thisisproductmanagement.com/) — The podcast for product teams.
- Design Workflow with Sketch — An e-course from Clark Wimberly at InVision.
- Designlab — Learn design by doing, with hands-on projects & mentorship.
- You’re Hired: How to Get a Job in Silicon Valley — Learn how to get a job in Silicon Valley
- The Non-Technical Person’s guide to building products & apps — Go from Idea to MVP with no CTO and no coding. Launch your business, app, or product idea cheaply, quickly, and easily.
- Product Management Coursea — Become an effective Software Product Manager by mastering Agile software development practices to confidently interact with clients and manage a development team.
- Product Management Course Brainstation — Toronto — TRANSFORM YOUR IDEA INTO A PRODUCT.
- Product School — USA — Get a Product Manager Job
- Product Managment — General Assembly — 10-WEEK PART-TIME COURSE
- How to build a product roadmap everyone understands — Free e-Course — How to build a roadmap
- Building a Pre-Launch Marketing Strategy for Beginners — Build your own Pre-launch Marketing Strategy for your company rollout or feature
- Idea To Revenue Masterclass — Become a Strategic Product Leader: Validate Ideas, Launch Great Products, Deliver Business Results.
- Coursera — Software Product Management — Create Better Software using Agile Practices. Master Agile development and effective interactions to drive the making of great software products (Capstone Project)
- Pragmatic Marketing Courses — Product Management and Marketing Training
- Cursos PM3 (Portuguese Only) — The first course 100% in Portuguese about Product Management. It was made by product professionals and the course covers from the basics until the most advanced topics with +40 hours of content.
- The Cranky Product Manager — A blog on product management, product marketing, and the ugly side of software product development. As of April 2015, the author, Sue Raisty, no longer writes, but she has a large backlog of great posts.
- Street Smart Product Manager — Thriving in the urban jungle of product.
- Product Talk — Make better product decisions.
- Silicon Valley Product Group — Shares lessons learned and knowledge of product management.
- The Clever PM — Tips, tricks, and hacks that help you to be a better, more clever, Product Manager.
- Mind the Product — Product Management Blog and events.
Core 3: Real Life Product Management
- Janna Bastow on “How to Get into Product Management” — A conversation between Janna Bastow, founder of ProdPad and previously a product manager / consultant
- Eva Andreasson on “How to Get into Product Management” — A conversation between Eva Andreasson, Senior Product Manager at Cloudera, and Jason Shah, Product Manager at Yammer
- Teresa Torres on “How to Get into Product Management” — A conversation between Teresa Torres, Vice President, Products at AfterCollege and a product consultant
- Wil Keenan on “How to Get Into Product Management” — A conversation between Wil Keenan, Senior Product Manager at Change.org and Jason Shah
- Chris Lee on “How to Get into Product Management” — A conversation between Chris Lee, Product Manager at Dropbox, and Jason Shah
- Raj Ramachandran on “How to Get into Product Management” — A conversation between Raj Ramachandran, Director of Product at Kidaptive and former Product Manager at Zynga
- Pascal Carole on “How to Get into Product Management” — A conversation between Pascal Carole, Product Manager at Microsoft / Yammer and former engineer at Microsoft, and Jason Shah
- Jackie Bavaro on “How to Get into Product Management” — A conversation between Jackie Bavaro, Product Manager at Asana, and Jason Shah
- Jason Evanish on “How to Get into Product Management” — A conversation between Jason Evanish, Product Manager at KISSMetrics, and Jason Shah
- Ryan Hoover on “How to Get Into Product Management” — A conversation between Ryan Hoover, Director of Product, PlayHaven and Jason Shah
- Marty Cagan and others on why they love the role, what they look for when hiring graduates, and the advice they offer prospective Product Managers
Product Case Studies
- Building an Enterprise Product: Yammer’s Development Methodology — Jason Shah, product manager at Yammer, shares aspects of Yammer’s product development methodology.
- Product Hunt’s Rise — Case Study — Product Hunt’s Rise
- Facebook Case Study — Facebook Analysis and Study
- Twitter Case Study — The Twitter Case Study from the Dimensions of Strategy Series
- Early Google Case Study — Google Case Study
- Amazon Case Study — Amazon Case Study
- Apple iPod Case Study — Apple Case Study
- Netflix Case Study — Netflix Case Study
- Box Case Study — Box Case Study
Sample Product Documentation
- How I would grow Thumbtack’s Customer Side of the Marketplace — Product Spec — Sample Product Spec about Thumbtack
- Global Lynda — Sample Product Requirements Document
- Global Lynda — Sample Company Context and User Personas
- Global Lynda — Sample Metrics Case Study
- Global Lynda — Sample Language Rollout Phases
- Global Lynda — Sample Go-to-Market Plan
- Product Hunt — Sample Early Product Spec from Ryan Hoover, Product Hunt
- Yahoo! Let’s put some Bots in that beautiful Messenger App — Product Spec Sample Product Spec about Yahoo
- A Usability Test, with Recommendations for Improvement of Skyscanner’s Mobile Flight Search & Booking App — Sample product break-down with usability testing by Mark Stephan
- Yahoo! Let’s put some Bots in that beautiful Messenger App — Product Spec — Sample Product Spec about Yahoo
- Usability Test on Product Hunt for iPhone — Sample Usability Test on Product Hunt
- A Usability Test for Yelp’s iOS Application — Sample Usability Test for Yelp
- A Usability Test, with Recommendations for Improvement of Skyscanner’s Mobile Flight Search & Booking App: Part I — Sample Usability Test on Skyscanner
- LinkedIn Groups Product Spec — Designing LinkedIn’s Next Killer Feature to awake the other 300M users
Communities to Join
- Mind the Product — Mind the Product Community Website and Blog
- Product School — Product School Company Website
- Designer Chat — The Designer News community in a private Slack chat.
- Product Manager HQ — Product Manager HQ — Slack group
- Product Camp — Product Camp Community Website and Blog
- Product Tank — Product Tank NY Meetups
- Product Austin — The largest Product Meet-up in Austin, TX
- The Product Group — The Product Group New York
- Lean Product & Lean UX Silicon Valley — People interested in applying Lean Startup, Lean UX, and Agile principles to design and develop products that customers love
- Product Management Fast Track — Product Management in San Francisco
- SUPA Product Talks SFBay — SUPA Product Academy in San Francisco
- Silicon Valley Strategy, Innovation and Product Management — Product Management in Cupertino, CA
- Startup Metrics Toronto, Canada — A group for entrepreneurs and product managers to discuss the metrics that matter to their startups.
- Product School — San Francisco Meetup — Product School Meetup
- Product School — Silicon Valley Meetup — Product School Meetup
- Product School — New York Meetup — Product School Meetup
- Product School — Los Angeles Meetup — Product School Meetup
- Product School — Boston Meetup — Product School Meetup
- The Product Group London — The Product Group London
- Product Management Singapore Facebook — Product Management SG Community
- Product Camp — Singapore Meetup — Product Camp Meetup
- Product Hunt — Singapore Meetup — Product Hunt Meetup
- Product Talks — Singapore Meetup — Product Talks Meetup
- Product Tank — Singapore Meetup — Product Tank Meetup
- Produto.io — São Paulo — Produto.io Meetup in São Paulo
- Product School — Belo Horizonte — Product School Meetup
- Mind the Product Conference — The Conference for Passionate Product People
- Industry — Product Conference — For people who build, launch and scale world-class product.
- Lean Startup Week — Lean Startup Week is a seven-day immersion into Lean Startup methodology led by star practitioners in big companies and hot startups from around the world.
- Enterprise UX 2016 — The Enterprise UX 2016 conference is dedicated to delivering useful, delightful, and humane experiences to people who work for and in enterprises.
- Product Camp Brasil — The event is now the largest on Product Management in Latin America, where Brazilian and international speakers share their learnings about Product, UX and Growth with the participants.
Core 4: Get the Job
Hiring a Product Manager Tips/Tricks
- Inspire Me with your Job Description — Writing a job description that attracts inspired product managers from Mark Stephan
Career Prep: Resume
- How do you write a good resume for product manager jobs? — Sample Advice on Quora
- Mike Bracco — Sample PM Resume — Sample Resume Website from a PM
- Adam Mathes — Sample PM Resume — Sample Resume Website from a PM
- How to get that Next PM Job — 200 slides from Google PM
- Nicholas Ivanecky — Sample PM Website — Nicholas Ivanecky Resume Website
Career Prep: Where to Apply
- ProductHired.com — Simplify your Product Manager Job Search
- PathtoProduct.com — Discover over 1,000 product jobs at startups and tech companies
Career Prep: The Interview
- Cracking the PM Interview — Book based on getting a PM career
- The Ultimate Guide to Product Manager Interview Questions — PM Questions to Practice
- The PM Interview — Set of Questions + Timer to practice your PM skills.
- The Ultimate Guide to Product Manager Interview Questions — Quora PM Questions
- 4 Questions I Always Ask When Interviewing Product Managers — 4 Questions to ask a PM
- Product School — Product School 2-month Education
- Interview Question Prep for PM Interviews — Prep Questions from Rafi Lurie, APM at Uber.
- How To Get A PM Job With The Yammer Mafia — In-person — How to Join The Yammer PM Mafia
- The Best Student Activity for Product Managers By Jackie Bavaro — The Best Student Activity for Product Managers
- Acing the Product Management Interview — Allan Hui
- 7 Steps: Interview Strategy to Get into Product Management With No Experience — Afroz Mohammad
- Product Management Job Interview Exercises — Free repository of PM job interview questions and answers
Career Prep: Company Types
- Google by Larry page and Sergey Brin — Google’s culture
- Microsoft — Microsoft PM Culture
- Amazon — Amazon’s culture
- Facebook — Facebook PM Culture
Best Product Managers on Twitter
- Ken Norton — Partner @GVTeam. Formerly PM @Google.
- Josh Elman — Partner, @GreylockVC: @Medium, @Jelly, @AppMeerkat, @Operator, @discordapp @Nextdoor.
- Hunter Walk — @homebrew, Seed Stage Venture Fund w @satyap. Made products at YouTube, Google & SecondLife.
- Ian McAllister — Director of Product at Airbnb. Former Amazon and founder of @AmazonSmile.
- Marty Cagan — I’m a partner at Silicon Valley Product Group, specializing in product teams and product strategy
- Ellen Chisa — VP Product for http://lolatravel.com , temporary @harvardhbs dropout.
- Jackie Bavaro — Asana Product Manager. Co-Author of Cracking the PM Interview. Previously @ Google & Microsoft
- Julie Zhuo — Product design VP @ Facebook.
- Joel Spolsky — CEO of Stack Overflow, co-founder of Fog Creek Software (FogBugz, Kiln), and creator of Trello.
- Bruce McCarthy — Innovator, consultant, coach, and evangelist for better products and product development
- Des Traynor — Co-founder of @intercom.
- Sachin Rekhi — Entrepreneur, Product Guy, and Software Engineer.
- Adam Nash — CEO @Wealthfront
- Rich Mironov — Tech start-up veteran, product exec/coach/mentor, writer (Art of Product Management)
- Eric Ries — Trying to change how startups are built.
- Steven Sinofsky — Board Partner @a16z • Adviser @BoxHQ • Writings @ Learning by Shipping
- Janna Bastow — Co-Founder of MTP/CEO at ProdPad/CoFounder ProductTank and ProductCamp London
- Martin Eriksson — Co-Founder at MTP/ProductTank
- Simon Cast — Co Founder MTP/ProductTank/ProdPad
- Charunethran Panchalam Govindarajan — Product Manager, Intel / Social Entrepreneur / Tech Enthusiast